Instructions for installation on the official Debian Wheezy Raspbian image
- requires the latest bug fixed version of omxplayer which you can get by doing apt-get update then apt-get upgrade
- install pexpect by following the instructions at www.noah.org/wiki/pexpect
- pyomxplayer is currently included inline in the code as I have made some modifications to jbaiter’s version, his original can be seen at https://github.com/jbaiter/pyomxplayer
- download tboplayer.py into a directory
- type python tboplayer.py from a terminal opened in the directory within which tboplayer.py is stored.
- developed on raspbian wheezy with python 2.7
- ADD – duplicates the Track>Add menu item
- PLAY – Play the selected track
- PAUSE – Pause playing, operational only during playing
- STOP – Stop playing, operational only during playing
- VOL +- – Volume control, operational only during playing
- Track – add edit or remove a track from the current playlist
- Playlist – save the current playlist or open a saved one
- OMX – display the track information for the last played track (needs to be enabled in options)
- Options -
- Audio Output – play sound to hdmi or local output, auto does not send an audio option to omxplayer.
- Mode – play the Single selected track, Repeat the single track or rotate around the Playlist starting from the selected track.
- Initial directory for tracks – where Add Track starts looking.
- Initial directory for playlists – where Open Playlist starts looking
- Enable subtitles
- OMX player options – add your own (no validation so be careful)
- Debug – prints some debug text to the command line
- Generate Track Information – parses the output of omxplayer, disabled by default as it may cause problems with some tracks.
A track is selected using a single click of the mouse, playing is started by pressing the Play button or the . key
During playing of a track a slightly modified set of omxplayer commands can be used from the keyboard but there must be FOCUS on TBOPlayer. A list of commands is provided in the help menu. Note: some of the commands are not implemented by omxplayer.
If you have problems playing a track try it from the command line with omxplayer -ohdmi file or omxplayer -olocal file